Thursday 26 January 2017

Hello!

Hello! My first blog post.

Shapwick Grange Chalk Quarry, Uplyme, Devon

Nothing much on this first post, but just wanted to say hello and give a bit of info about the blog and what's coming up. 

As explained on the 'About Past Remains' page, I'm basically adding articles from my architectural & landscape history website, Past Remains, as a back-up for an increasingly unstable web builder. It also gives me a chance to add other stuff that I find interesting; some of those quirky finds that don't have enough information to warrant a full page on the website.

Check House, Seaton, Devon

Some of the visits and explores were from urbexing (urban exploration), but many later ones are of non-derelict or non-abandoned places that I find fascinating. These include some of the more unusual tourist places, but mainly lots of fabulous buildings and other finds in the towns and countryside of (mostly) East Devon and West Dorset, along with a bit of history and other interesting facts.

St Michael's Church, Axmouth, Devon

My website has always been about the photography, which is my biggest passion...after reading...obsessively! ;) So, there'll be lots of photos that I've taken with my 35mm Minolta; some good, others not so much but they're the only records of a place or a day that can't be repeated.

Tucker's Hall, Exeter, Devon

So that's basically it for now. My first blog experience, so please bear with me as I'm still very much learning the ropes. I've also realised that I need to beef out a lot of my website articles because the photos are the dominating factor, whereas there's a different feel about writing a blog (I thought it would be easy just to cut and paste the articles from my saved documents, but I don't think I'm going to get away with that somehow, lol). I'll get a bit more info up on the About Me page as well when I've got a mo, but meanwhile my first articles will be coming up shortly, starting with some WW2 Defence remains. 

So hello and welcome, and thank you for looking in. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment