Wednesday 28 April 2021

Change of Plan

 

BLOG NEWS

Unfortunately, I've had to change my upcoming posts from the ones I'd intended and said I'd do on the previous post. This is because whilst trying to get the Coastal Erosion one completed & published over the last few weeks it's become very long and unwieldy with a lot more sections, photos and information...and is such a tangled mess. I've had such a difficult time with reorganising it that I've struck a block. So, I've had to shelve it for now and hopefully get my mojo working again by doing some other articles instead. So big apologies for leaving it so long since I posted anything. Ce la vie! ;)

And more news...

 

WEBSITE NEWS

I'm really sorry about this but I've had to delete my website sooner rather than later, and I didn't have time to notify anyone who needed to know beforehand. 

The changeover to the new website builder was completed on 12th March. I eagerly went in to see how my website looked and it was absolutely blinking awful! It was so enlarged that it was very difficult to read comfortably, the photos were huge and looked dreadful as they were originally resized specifically for the old site, some sections were missing and the builder itself looked even worse to use than the last 'orrible one. Doh!

So, I instantly deleted it. And, I wouldn't ordinarily do this, but after twelve years of paying for my website and putting up with the constant problems - including not being able to use it for the last four of those - I'm going to have to name and shame the host.  Originally called Freewebs, and latterly just Webs, it's now owned by Vistaprint. Others may find no problem with the new host and builder, as making a website from scratch may not be as problematic. But, I'm just saying be careful and check out all the reviews first if you're looking for a website host.

 

Anyway, I'll make sure to rewrite the remainder of my website articles for the blog, which I'd fortunately copied to documents, along with the other new stuff waiting in the wings. Onward and upward!

Cheers, Eileen. :)  

Oh, and happy Cherry Blossom Time, by the way!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment