Saturday 5 March 2022

Other Photography: Cats & Other People

 

"Annie"

Taken on slide film at the American Diner in Exeter, between lectures when we were at University together in 1994/5; our final year.  Annie had just put a record on the jukebox and did a quick bop on her way back to our table. One of those spur of the moment photos.

Following on with another in the series 'Other Photography', I don't normally take photos of people as an art form, but I have a few which I'm particularly pleased with and which give a sense of the time and place that they were taken...and this one not only captured that moment but also the culmination of an amazing four years of my life.

"Flower"


My beautiful half-siamese and half-moggy called Flower, who died in 1999. Taken with b&w Ilford film.


"Wiped Out"

In 1991 I had the opportunity to take part in an outdoor adventure week on Dartmoor. I was enrolled in a City & Guilds Photography course during that year, so I used the time to produce a folio for the module Photo Essay (a photographic documentary). This was taken right at the end, after we had cleaned up the hostel where we were staying. It had been a strenuous week and everyone was just chilling out before the arrival of our minibus back to Exeter. This was my favourite photo.

"Tim"

Taken sometime in the mid 1970s on a lazy Sunday when a few friends chilled out together. We were once in a band together, called 'Near Springs' where Tim was the bass player. The acoustic guitar in the photo is mine.

"On The Road"
 
Tim and Matthew, two of three friends that I was on a walk with across the fields and woods near where we lived. Having reached the road back into town, it was time for a ciggy break...or was it something a little stronger? ;)

"In The Sun"

Josephine, my cat who was around 18 years old at the time of writing up this page on my now defunct website. Sadly, she died in September 2015...at the age of 23 years! 

"On the Left Bank"

Now this isn't one of my photos. Taken by my daughter-in-law in the USA, I had the distinct impression that my son looked French and was reading something existential. I jokingly asked him if he was reading Sartre, to which he replied "No, it was Star Trek!" Lol, that's my boy!



1 comment:

  1. Hiya Devlin,
    Ah, thanks for the correct date. I must admit I was guessing there as I really couldn't remember when exactly! Yes, I remember the night she died. Beautiful pusscats, both. I still miss them. :)

    ReplyDelete